Sunday, November 1, 2009

A few changes

Well here I am sitting in my new place. My lease expires in the middle of this month and I told the guy who stays in a smaller room in the complex where I was staying that he could move in by the end of last month.
Are you asking why I would tell him to move in without me having a place to go? Well here's the story.

For a little over a month now I have been going back to Ruth's (Sinakekele) twice a week. She has started a play group for orphans. They come from a community that is up the hill from Ruths. As of now there are four. Melokuhle (Melo), Rose, Sibu and Gcinwa (I still can't pronounce it right!). They speak NO word of English.
The first day I noticed the kids were going outside to the toilet. It dawned on me that most, if not all, the houses where they stay don't have their own bathrooms, therefore they go outside or use the outhouses provided. So I tried to show them how to use the toilet. It still didn't work. I asked this zulu women the word for toilet which is emboshi (not spelled right). So I went to the kids and tried to explain the best I could that they must go to the toilet inside. I would point outside and say, "emboshi ta (toilet no) and then point towards the toilet inside and say, "emboshi yebo (toilet yes). They just laughed at me and made fun of me. Some of the boys still go outside. But they are slowly getting it.







I have been going to Ruth's now for over a month and she's got the volunteer cottage up, the nursery up, and she has a baby!! I thought it would be a great idea to move out to the farm.
Problem... I don't have a car to get in and out 5 days of the week. I have to be in Umhlanga between 8:30/10 pm therefore I would have to stay at someones place those nights because I wouldn't have transport to get back to Ruth's.
I was in deniel about having everything sorted. I had a meeting with a lady from the committee of Sinakekele and after the meeting reality hit. I had no place to go! Unless God provided a vehicle for me and petrol(gas) money, I wouldn't be able to get in and out. So I had 4 days to find a place and with my funds from Canada gone and the salary I make, I couldn't afford anything in the area.



Panic sunk in.

The day that I had the meeting I went to work after and I told my boss that moving out to the farm wasn't going to work. She mentioned something about me staying in the little suite connected to the house and I said I would feel like I would be intruding. She said she would talk to her husband anyways. I was thinking not, but she told me to think about it.
The next day when I came she asked how I was and I started to cry and she said it would be okay if I stayed. She said we could try it out for a month or two and see how it works for free! I said yes. I will still be looking for my own place though...
So here I am in my nice cozy place and loving it! I feel out of place because it's so beautiful! But I'm going take it and enjoy it, because I have a feeling that I will be living in some pretty crazy place, eating some pretty crazy food, doing some pretty crazy things for God one day.
I'm excited about the future! God is good:o) And the plus side. I will still be able to go to Ruth's Monday to Friday to help out! Praise God! So things worked out in the end. I'm still floored by His faithfulness!
Since being here everything has been falling ino place. I got my nice little place which my funds sustained me until now. Got a great job and a scooter. Got a new place for free and I get to do what I enjoy. Can't tell me this is all coincidence. Everything is perfect in His timing! Wow!
That's about it for now.. I will be staying out at Ruth's for Holiday because I can:o)
Love to you all!

1 comment:

Maria Elyse said...

This is amazing. :) I'm so glad things works out for you!!